Monday, September 17, 2012

Crock pot cordon bleu

I've been trying to meal plan for the whole month, so I only have to go grocery shopping once and so I save money by sticking to my list and so I don't buy my pregnant self "treats" every single time I have to go to the store.
Yes, join the club...people think I am crazy.
We have only done it for 2 months now but I think we are doing pretty well.

Anywho, trying to plan 30 meals was a lot harder than I thought.
I started searching the WWW for new ideas when I came across this one.
We love Cordon Bleu so it was worth a shot.

Ingredients:
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
4 ounces sliced ham
4 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
1 (8 ounce) package herbed dry bread stuffing mix
1/4 cup butter, melted

Directions:
Mix together the cream of chicken soup and milk in a small bowl.
Pour enough of the soup into the crock pot to cover the bottom.
Layer chicken breasts over the sauce.
Cover with slices of ham and then Swiss cheese.
Pour the remaining soup over the layers, stirring a little to distribute between layers.
Sprinkle the stuffing on top, and drizzle butter over stuffing.
Cover, and cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours, or 2 to 3 hours on High.


Sounds easy, right?
It is and it wasn't too bad either :)

Original recipe found here.

And again, no picture! :( I'm sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment