Sunday, September 16, 2012

Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping


I had been CRAVING blueberry muffins.
I found dried blueberries for a great price and so I was on the search for the perfect blueberry muffin recipe.


I found this one and ended up doubling it.

I also ended up with A LOT of muffins and froze a whole bunch so they wouldn't mold.

I was amazed at how yummy they were.
I was surprised I made something that tasty ;)

I am a bit late at posting this, but I actually just pulled the last bag out of the freezer.
I once again, forgot to take a picture of the finished product, and I would take one of the ones I just pulled out but the tops got a bit squished so they don't look pretty.

Just a side note: I didn't use the whole full 2 cups of blueberries because in my first batch, they all sunk to the bottom so a lot of the blueberries ended up in the last group of muffins.
Also, I didn't have buttermilk so I made my own.


Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
5 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups fresh, frozen or dried blueberries
Additional sugar

Streusel Topping:
3 T white sugar
3 T brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
5 T melted butter

*Combine all ingredients until size of peas and set aside


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries (batter will be thick).

Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups with about a tablespoon of batter.

Sprinkle Streusel on top

Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

Easy Peasy and Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment