Monday, September 17, 2012

Cheesecake

A few years ago, I was about 19 or 20 years old, living at home, going to the local community college and working my tail off at a job I hated. We didn't live by any family and my dad being a collegiate level coach, we usually have his athletes over for Holiday dinners, etc.
This particular Holiday (Thanksgiving), my grandparents were flying in to spend the Holiday with us. Being older, I wanted to help my mom prepare Thanksgiving dinner instead of just sitting back watching football with the boys.
I found this recipe in a magazine during my lunch break at said job.
I was a little nervous to make it for a crowd but it was BEYOND AMAZING!!
It one of those things where you feel stuffed to the core, but it's so good you just want to keep eating it.
My grandma even asked me for the recipe.
That made me feel good seeing as I think she is a bomb cook!
Now that the Mr. and I live closer to my extended family, we got to spend Thanksgiving at my Grandparents house this past year and my grandma asked if I would make "My Cheesecake" again. So, I figured it's about time to share it with the rest of you.

Ingredients:
2 cups Graham crackers (crushed)
1 1/4 cups sugar (divided)
6 tbsp butter (melted)
4 pkgs cream cheese
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup Sour Cream
4 Eggs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line 9x13 pan with tinfoil
mix crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter; press in bottom of pan.
bake 10 minutes

BEAT cream cheese, remaining sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended
Add sour cream-mix well.
Add eggs, ONE AT A TIME, beating on low after each until blended.
pour over crust.
Bake for 35 minutes (center should almost be set)
Cool completely
Put in fridge for 4 hours

Top with whatever your heart desires.
Caramel, nuts, fruit, etc.



mmmmmm!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment