Sunday, July 22, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup

Being pregnant and always starving, but nothing, I mean absolutely nothing, sounds good has been a bit difficult for me (and the hubs). I didn't cook anything for the first few months besides box Mac & Cheese in fear I would gag and barf my brains out at the first weird smell/texture. There was one day I craved my Grandma's homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. 1. I didn't have her recipe. 2. I didn't want to stand in front of a hot oven all day to make it. So....I compromised. :)
Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup. Crockpot=I don't die of heat and I still get my soup!
Well, this recipe made a LOT and we ended up throwing some of it away after we ate it for about 3 days straight. But it was yummy, so I do recommend it. Still not as good as Grandma's, but what can ya do ;)

Ingredients:

5 cups of chicken broth (boxed or can is fine)
One can Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 cup onions chopped fine
1/2 cup celery
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 cup green onions
One can of whole kernel corn
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup Egg noodles
2 cups cooked chicken chopped or 2 cans canned cooked chicken

Directions:

Add everything but the noodles and cooked chicken to the crock pot on Low for 5-6 hours, the last hour turn on High, and add noodles and chicken. Remember, if you do this in the morning, and don’t have a timer on your crock pot, use a lamp timer, they work wonderful.

I boil 4 chicken thighs in about 8 cups of water, make sure they are cooked through.
Cool, remove skin and bone and shred with forks. Cool, cover and refrigerate.
I like thighs. If you need, add water to the broth to make 5 cups. Add cream of chicken soup. Chop the vegetables, I like everything about the same size, celery, carrots, onions, green onions.
Add everything to the pot and forget it for the afternoon, do not add the chicken and noodles. (Will add them the last hour or so) The smell will take over the house.

I always add more noodles that the recipe calls for, I like it like a stew, do what you and your family likes.

**once again, no pic! sorry!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment