Monday, October 3, 2011

Homemade Butterfingers

My sister-in-law told me about this recipe and I just HAD to try it.
I've seen it all over the web, so I am sure most of you have already tried this or have at least seen it.
I was actually quite surprised how much these tasted like butterfingers



Ingredients:
1 lb. Candy Corn (YES! Candy Corn)
16 oz. Peanut Butter (smooth)
Dipping Chocolate (I used Almond Bark..found in the baking isle)

Directions:
In a microwave safe bowl melt the candy corn for 1 minute and then at 30 second intervals until melted.
Add the peanut butter and mix in with the candy corn.
If the mixture seizes, put it back in the microwave and melt for 30 seconds more.
Stir mixture with a rubber spatula until well combined and smooth.
Pour into a greased 8x8 glass dish and refrigerate until solid.
Once chilled, cut into rectangles and remove from pan.
Melt the dipping chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and dip each rectangle in the chocolate, coating all surfaces. Place on a piece of parchment paper and let set.


The pictures don't do justice of how yummy these are!


No comments:

Post a Comment