Sunday, August 7, 2011

Orange Chicken

I have loved Chinese my whole life.
loved it.
for my 'birthday dinner' I would always tell my parents I wanted to go out to a Chinese restaurant.

Well, because we are poor college students, we don't go out that often.


K's mom gave us this bottle of Orange Sauce
It's supposedly the same sauce they use at Panda Express...It doesn't taste the same but it was still really yummy.
We have been wanting to use it, but weren't quite sure how.

I found a recipe for a basic batter then just put the sauce over top.


Batter:
4 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup water
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg1 egg white

Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
Cover and sit for 30 minutes
Add chicken to batter-coat well.

Deep fry chicken at 350 degrees for 2 minutes or until batter becomes firm.
Drain on paper towels.

Coat chicken with sauce, eat over rice and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment